English | 2019 | ISBN: 1492037514 | 186 Pages | PDF (Early Release) | 25 MB
With Early Release ebooks, you get books in their earliest form—the author’s raw and unedited content as he or she writes—so you can take advantage of these technologies long before the official release of these titles. You’ll also receive updates when significant changes are made, new chapters are available, and the final ebook bundle is released.
With their rapidly changing infrastructure and API-driven automation, cloud platforms come with their own unique security challenges and opportunities. Whether your company is just getting started with the cloud, or is moving legacy on-premises projects there, this practical book guides you through security best practices for multi-vendor cloud environments.
Author Chris Dotson—executive security architect in the IBM Watson and Cloud Platform organization—takes developers, IT architects, and security professionals through cloud-specific techniques to help you secure popular cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and IBM Cloud. You’ll learn how to establish data asset management, identity and access management, vulnerability management, network security, and incident response in your cloud environment.
- Data asset management through inventory, classification, and protection techniques such as cryptography and tokenization
- The shared responsibility model for defining which security tasks belong to you and which belong to the service provider
- How asset and access management work on cloud versus traditional data centers
- Methods for providing a comprehensive and automated vulnerability management program on cloud
- Software defined networking and web application firewalls for delivering cloud-based network security
- Tools and techniques to help you detect, respond to, and recover from cloud-based security incidents