English | 2016 | ISBN: 1782172123 | 388 Pages | EPUB, AZW3 | 22 MB
Secure your Oracle Database 12c with this valuable Oracle support resource, featuring more than 100 solutions to the challenges of protecting your data
Businesses around the world are paying much greater attention toward database security than they ever have before. Not only does the current regulatory environment require tight security, particularly when dealing with sensitive and personal data, data is also arguably a company’s most valuable asset - why wouldn’t you want to protect it in a secure and reliable database? Oracle Database lets you do exactly that. It’s why it is one of the world’s leading databases – with a rich portfolio of features to protect data from contemporary vulnerabilities, it’s the go-to database for many organizations.
Oracle Database 12c Security Cookbook helps DBAs, developers, and architects to better understand database security challenges. Let it guide you through the process of implementing appropriate security mechanisms, helping you to ensure you are taking proactive steps to keep your data safe. Featuring solutions for common security problems in the new Oracle Database 12c, with this book you can be confident about securing your database from a range of different threats and problems.
What You Will Learn
- Analyze application privileges and reduce the attack surface
- Reduce the risk of data exposure by using Oracle Data Redaction and Virtual Private Database
- Control data access and integrity in your organization using the appropriate database feature or option
- Learn how to protect your databases against application bypasses
- Audit user activity using the new auditing architecture
- Restrict highly privileged users from accessing data
- Encrypt data in Oracle Database
- Work in a real-world environment where a multi-layer security strategy is applied