Operational data provisioning (ODP) is the new standard for data staging and extraction in SAP BW/4HANA―are you ready for it? Use ODP to extract information from SAP S/4HANA and connect to other key data sources, including SAP HANA calculation views, CDS views, open ODS views, and SAP BW. Use SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server to replicate data, and review the prerequisites for SAP BW/4HANA remote conversion projects. With detailed instructions throughout, this hands-on guide has all the information you need to master ODP!
- Model data and create an operational data provisioning source system
- Use operational data provisioning to extract SAP S/4HANA finance data, logistics data, and more
- Connect to data sources such as SAP HANA calculation views, CDS views, and other SAP BW systems
Modeling Data and Creating Source Systems
Understand the ODP architecture and see how it can be used for data modeling. Learn how it interacts with and connects to different data sources. Then, create your own source system for ODP in SAP BW/4HANA.
Staging Data from SAP S/4HANA
Follow step-by-step instructions to extract logistics, finance, inventory, HR, and master data from SAP S/4HANA. Manage delta data between your SAP S/4HANA and SAP BW/4HANA systems, and build custom extractors that fit your exact business needs.
Extracting Data from Views and Objects
Working with other types of data? Configure ODP to consume CDS views, open ODP views, SAP HANA calculation views, and SAP BW objects.
- Data staging and extraction
- Logistics data
- Inventory management data
- Finance data
- Human resources data
- Master data
- Generic extractors
- SAP HANA calculation views
- CDS views
- Open ODS views
- SAP BW objects
- SAP BW/4HANA remote conversion