English | 2016 | ISBN: 1787123182 | 822 Pages | EPUB, AZW3 | 39 MB
Learn how you can put the features of OpenStack to work in the real world in this comprehensive path
OpenStack is a collection of software projects that work together to provide a cloud fabric.
Learning OpenStack Cloud Computing course is an exquisite guide that you will need to build cloud environments proficiently. This course will help you gain a clearer understanding of OpenStack's components and their interaction with each other to build a cloud environment.
The first module, Learning OpenStack, starts with a brief look into the need for authentication and authorization, the different aspects of dashboards, cloud computing fabric controllers, along with 'Networking as a Service' and 'Software defined Networking'. Then, you will focus on installing, configuring, and troubleshooting different architectures such as Keystone, Horizon, Nova, Neutron, Cinder, Swift, and Glance.
In the second module, OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook, preview how to build and operate OpenStack cloud computing, storage, networking, and automation. Dive into Neutron, the OpenStack Networking service, and get your hands dirty with configuring ML2, networks, routers, and distributed virtual routers.
The final module, Troubleshooting OpenStack, will help you quickly diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct problems in your OpenStack. We will diagnose and remediate issues in Keystone, Glance, Neutron networking, Nova, Cinder block storage, Swift object storage, and issues caused by Heat orchestration.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
- Learning OpenStack by Alok Shrivastwa, Sunil Sarat
- OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook - Third Edition by Kevin Jackson , Cody Bunch, Egle Sigler
- Troubleshooting OpenStack by Tony Campbell
What You Will Learn
- Get an introduction to OpenStack and its components
- Store and retrieve data and images using storage components, such as Cinder, Swift, and Glance
- Install and configure Swift, the OpenStack Object Storage service, including configuring Container Replication between datacenters
- Gain hands on experience and familiarity with Horizon, the OpenStack Dashboard user interface
- Learn how to automate OpenStack installations using Ansible and Foreman
- Fix common issues with images served through Glance and master the art of troubleshooting Neutron networking