English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1-78528-775-6 | 304 Pages | PDF | 15 MB
Over 50 comprehensive recipes to help you create spectacular maps with OpenLayers 3
Throughout this book, you will go through recipes that expose various features of OpenLayers 3, allowing you to gain an insight into building complex GIS web applications.
You will get to grips with the basics of creating a map with common functionality and quickly advance to more complicated solutions that address modern challenges. You will explore into maps, raster and vector layers, and styling in depth. This book also includes problem solving and how-to recipes for the most common and important tasks.
What you will learn
- Create stunning maps, and understand projection
- Add customized raster and vector layers
- Work with important tile providers
- Work with OGC, WMS, and WFS compliant servers
- Read/write features from/to different data sources
- Style features to improve their visualization
- Understand events and work with the main controls
- Enhance maps with HTML5 technologies such as Geolocation