English | 2020 | ISBN: 1838987572 | 711 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 27 MB
The book starts by helping you get familiar with the concepts of building server-side web applications with Node.js. You’ll learn how to develop a complete Node.js web application, with a back-end database tier supporting several databases, and deploy it to a real web server using Docker. Once you are well-versed with developing Node.js applications, you’ll understand how to implement several forms of security in the apps through expert practices. Throughout each chapter, the book will help you put your knowledge into practice for the entire lifecycle of developing a web application.
By the end of this Node.js book, you’ll have gained practical Node.js web development knowledge to build and deploy your own applications on a public web hosting solution.
What you will learn
- Install and use Node.js 14 and Express 4.17 for both web development and deployment
- Implement REST services using the Restify framework
- Develop, test, and deploy microservices using Kubernetes and Node.js
- Get up to speed with using data storage engines such as MySQL, SQLite3, and MongoDB
- Secure your web applications using headless browser testing with Puppeteer
- Implement HTTPS using Let’s Encrypt and enhance application security with Helmet