English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-1800208421 | 452 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 141 MB
Make NLP easy by building chatbots and models, and executing various NLP tasks to gain data-driven insights from raw text data
Do you want to learn how to communicate with computer systems using Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques, or make a machine understand human sentiments? Do you want to build applications like Siri, Alexa, or chatbots, even if you’ve never done it before?
With The Natural Language Processing Workshop, you can expect to make consistent progress as a beginner, and get up to speed in an interactive way, with the help of hands-on activities and fun exercises.
The book starts with an introduction to NLP. You’ll study different approaches to NLP tasks, and perform exercises in Python to understand the process of preparing datasets for NLP models. Next, you’ll use advanced NLP algorithms and visualization techniques to collect datasets from open websites, and to summarize and generate random text from a document. In the final chapters, you’ll use NLP to create a chatbot that detects positive or negative sentiment in text documents such as movie reviews.
By the end of this book, you’ll be equipped with the essential NLP tools and techniques you need to solve common business problems that involve processing text.
What you will learn
- Obtain, verify, clean and transform text data into a correct format for use
- Use methods such as tokenization and stemming for text extraction
- Develop a classifier to classify comments in Wikipedia articles
- Collect data from open websites with the help of web scraping
- Train a model to detect topics in a set of documents using topic modeling
- Discover techniques to represent text as word and document vectors