English | 2016 | ISBN: 1783989041 | 238 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
Natural Language Processing is one of the fields of computational linguistics and artificial intelligence that is concerned with human-computer interaction. It provides a seamless interaction between computers and human beings and gives computers the ability to understand human speech with the help of machine learning.
This book will give you expertise on how to employ various NLP tasks in Python, giving you an insight into the best practices when designing and building NLP-based applications using Python. It will help you become an expert in no time and assist you in creating your own NLP projects using NLTK.
You will sequentially be guided through applying machine learning tools to develop various models. We’ll give you clarity on how to create training data and how to implement major NLP applications such as Named Entity Recognition, Question Answering System, Discourse Analysis, Transliteration, Word Sense disambiguation, Information Retrieval, Sentiment Analysis, Text Summarization, and Anaphora Resolution.
What You Will Learn
- Implement string matching algorithms and normalization techniques
- Implement statistical language modeling techniques
- Get an insight into developing a stemmer, lemmatizer, morphological analyzer, and morphological generator
- Develop a search engine and implement POS tagging concepts and statistical modeling concepts involving the n gram approach
- Familiarize yourself with concepts such as the Treebank construct, CFG construction, the CYK Chart Parsing algorithm, and the Earley Chart Parsing algorithm
- Develop an NER-based system and understand and apply the concepts of sentiment analysis
- Understand and implement the concepts of Information Retrieval and text summarization
- Develop a Discourse Analysis System and Anaphora Resolution based system
This book is for intermediate level developers in NLP with a reasonable knowledge level and understanding of Python.