English | 2015 | ISBN: 1785280276 | 146 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
The NoSQL movement is growing in relevance, attracting more and more developers. The MongoDB database is a well-recognized rising star in the NoSQL world. It is a document database that allows data persistence and enables you to query data in a nested state without any schema constraints and complex joins between documents.
This book provides all the knowledge you need to make MongoDB fit into your application schema. It starts with a basic introduction to the driver that can be used to perform some low-level interaction with the storage. Then it moves on to using different patterns to abstract the persistence layer into your applications, starting with the flexible Google JSON library to the Hibernate OGM framework and finally landing on the Spring Data framework.
By the end of this book, you will know everything you need to integrate MongoDB in your Java applications.
What You Will Learn
- Install MongoDB and its client tools
- Set up a basic project that uses a MongoDB driver and performs CRUD operations with it
- Explore simple strategies for mapping Mongo documents with Java classes
- Use bulk operations to speed up the creation of massive documents
- Design and develop a Java Enterprise application that uses MongoDB as storage
- Develop and deploy an application that uses Hibernate OGM as a persistence layer for your entities
- Use Spring Data and Spring Boot to leverage micro-services using MongoDB as storage