English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800562479 | 582 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 35 MB
A developer’s guide to designing, testing, and securing production-ready modern APIs with the help of practical ideas to improve your application’s functionality
- Build resilient software for your enterprises and customers by understanding the complete API development life cycle
- Overcome the challenges of traditional API design by adapting to a new and evolving culture of modern API development
- Use Spring and Spring Boot to develop future-proof scalable APIs
The philosophy of API development has evolved over the years to serve the modern needs of enterprise architecture, and developers need to know how to adapt to these modern API design principles. Apps are now developed with APIs that enable ease of integration for the cloud environment and distributed systems. With this Spring book, you’ll discover various kinds of production-ready API implementation using REST APIs and explore async using the reactive paradigm, gRPC, and GraphQL.
You’ll learn how to design evolving REST-based APIs supported by HATEOAS and ETAGs and develop reactive, async, non-blocking APIs. After that, you’ll see how to secure REST APIs using Spring Security and find out how the APIs that you develop are consumed by the app’s UI. The book then takes you through the process of testing, deploying, logging, and monitoring your APIs. You’ll also explore API development using gRPC and GraphQL and design modern scalable architecture with microservices. The book helps you gain practical knowledge of modern API implementation using a sample e-commerce app.
By the end of this Spring book, you’ll be able to develop, test, and deploy highly scalable, maintainable, and developer-friendly APIs to help your customers to transform their business.
What you will learn
- Understand RESTful API development, its design paradigm, and its best practices
- Become well versed in Spring’s core components for implementing RESTful web services
- Implement reactive APIs and explore async API development
- Apply Spring Security for authentication using JWT and authorization of requests
- Develop a React-based UI to consume APIs
- Implement gRPC inter-service communication
- Design GraphQL-based APIs by understanding workflows and tooling
- Gain insights into how you can secure, test, monitor, and deploy your APIs