English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787280168 | 231 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 25 MB
Automate your mobile app testing
Appium is an open source test automation framework for mobile applications. It allows you to test all three types of mobile applications: native, hybrid, and mobile web. It allows you to run the automated tests on actual devices, emulators, and simulators. Today, when every mobile app is made on at least two platforms, iOS and Android, you need a tool that allows you to test across platforms.
Having two different frameworks for the same app increases the cost of the product and time to maintain it as well. Appium helps save this cost.
With mobile app growth exploding, mobile app automation is mainstream now. In this book, author Nishant Verma provides you with a firm grounding in the concepts of Appium while diving into how to set up appium & Cucumber-jvm test automation framework, implement page object design pattern, automate gestures, test execution on emulators and physical devices, and implement continuous integration with Jenkins. The mobile app we have referenced in this book is Quikr because of its relatively lower learning curve to understand the application. It's a local classifieds shopping app.
What You Will Learn
- Discover Appium and how to set up an automation framework for mobile testing
- Understand desired capabilities and learn to find element locators
- Learn to automate gestures and synchronize tests using Appium
- Take an incremental approach to implement page object pattern
- Learn to run Appium tests on emulators or physical devices
- Set up Jenkins to run mobile automation tests by easy to learn steps
- Discover tips and tricks to record video of test execution, inter app automation concepts
- Learn to run Appium tests in parallel on multiple devices simultaneously