English | 2021 | ISBN: 978-1800562653 | 526 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 69 MB
Learn how to implement multi-layered security controls to protect against rapidly evolving threats to Azure environments
- Develop practical skills to protect your organization from constantly evolving security threats
- Become well-versed with real-world Azure security strategies and AZ-500 exam objectives
- Effectively manage security governance, policies, and operations in Azure
Security is a key part of any well-architected design. With the help of this book, you’ll gain both the knowledge and the practical skills to significantly reduce the attack surface of your Azure workloads and protect your organization from constantly evolving threats to public cloud environments like Azure.
This book is a comprehensive security guide for those looking to take the Azure Security Engineer certification exam as well as for those interested in securing their Azure infrastructure. Beyond preparing you for the Azure Security (AZ-500) exam, this book will guide you in securing your Azure environments and workloads using native Azure security capabilities.
Complete with hands-on tutorials, projects, and self-assessment questions, this easy-to-follow guide builds a solid foundation of Azure security. You’ll not only learn about security technologies in Azure but also be able to configure and manage them. Moreover, you’ll develop a clear understanding of how to identify different attack vectors and mitigate risks.
By the end of this book, you’ll be well-versed with implementing multi-layered security to protect identities, networks, hosts, containers, databases, and storage in Azure.
What you will learn
- Manage users, groups, service principals, and roles effectively in Azure AD
- Explore Azure AD identity security and governance capabilities
- Understand how platform perimeter protection secures Azure workloads
- Implement network security best practices for IaaS and PaaS
- Discover various options to protect against DDoS attacks
- Secure hosts and containers against evolving security threats
- Configure platform governance with cloud-native tools
- Monitor security operations with Azure Security Center and Azure Sentinel