English | 2017 | ISBN: 1786469434 | 305 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 40 MB
Master over 60 recipes to help you deliver complete, scalable, microservice-based solutions and see the improved business results immediately
This book will help any team or organization understand, deploy, and manage microservices at scale. It is driven by a sample application, helping you gradually build a complete microservice-based ecosystem. Rather than just focusing on writing a microservice, this book addresses various other microservice-related solutions: deployments, clustering, load balancing, logging, streaming, and monitoring.
The initial chapters offer insights into how web and enterprise apps can be migrated to scalable microservices. Moving on, you'll see how to Dockerize your application so that it is ready to be shipped and deployed. We will look at how to deploy microservices on Mesos and Marathon and will also deploy microservices on Kubernetes. Next, you will implement service discovery and load balancing for your microservices. We'll also show you how to build asynchronous streaming systems using Kafka Streams and Apache Spark.
Finally, we wind up by aggregating your logs in Kafka, creating your own metrics, and monitoring the metrics for the microservice.
What you will learn
- Build microservices using Spring Boot, Wildfly Swarm, Dropwizard, and SparkJava
- Containerize your microservice using Docker
- Deploy microservices using Mesos/Marathon and Kubernetes
- Implement service discovery and load balancing using Zookeeper, Consul, and Nginx
- Monitor microservices using Graphite and Grafana
- Write stream programs with Kafka Streams and Spark
- Aggregate and manage logs using Kafka
- Get introduced to DC/OS, Docker Swarm, and YARN