English | 2017 | ISBN: 1788295970 | 190 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, MOBI, AZW3 | 85 MB
An easy to digest practical guide to Metasploit covering all aspects of the framework from installation, configuration, and vulnerability hunting to advanced client side attacks and anti-forensics.
This book will begin by introducing you to Metasploit and its functionality. Next, you will learn how to set up and configure Metasploit on various platforms to create a virtual test environment. You will also get your hands on various tools and components used by Metasploit.
Further on in the book, you will learn how to find weaknesses in the target system and hunt for vulnerabilities using Metasploit and its supporting tools. Next, you’ll get hands-on experience carrying out client-side attacks. Moving on, you’ll learn about web application security scanning and bypassing anti-virus and clearing traces on the target system post compromise. This book will also keep you updated with the latest security techniques and methods that can be directly applied to scan, test, hack, and secure networks and systems with Metasploit.
By the end of this book, you’ll get the hang of bypassing different defenses, after which you’ll learn how hackers use the network to gain access into different systems.
What You Will Learn
- Get to know the absolute basics of the Metasploit framework so you have a strong foundation for advanced attacks
- Integrate and use various supporting tools to make Metasploit even more powerful and precise
- Set up the Metasploit environment along with your own virtual testing lab
- Use Metasploit for information gathering and enumeration before planning the blueprint for the attack on the target system
- Get your hands dirty by firing up Metasploit in your own virtual lab and hunt down real vulnerabilities
- Discover the clever features of the Metasploit framework for launching sophisticated and deceptive client-side attacks that bypass the perimeter security
- Leverage Metasploit capabilities to perform Web Application Security scanning