English | 2020 | ISBN: 1838822835 | 358 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 204 MB
Understand all aspects of building a successful online store with features such as SEO, theme management, and one-page checkout
WooCommerce is one of the most flexible platforms to build online stores. With its flexibility, you can offer virtually any feature to a client using the WordPress system. WooCommerce is also self-hosted, so the ownership of data lies with you and your client.
This comprehensive guide starts with the essentials of building a WooCommerce store. You ll learn how to set up WooCommerce and implement payment, shipping, and tax options, followed by configuring your product. You ll explore the different ways to customize and manage your products by using SEO for enhanced visibility. As you advance, you ll understand how you can manage sales by using POS systems, outsource fulfilment, and external reporting services. Once you ve set up and organized your online store, you ll look into improving the user experience of your e-commerce website. As well as this, this WooCommerce book takes you through caching techniques to speed up your website and improving its look and UI by adding themes. Finally, you ll build the landing page for your website to promote your product and design your own WooCommerce plugins to customize the functionalities of your e-commerce website.
By the end of this book, you ll have learned how to run a complete WooCommerce store, and be able to customize each section of the store on the frontend as well as backend.
What you will learn
- Grasp the fundamentals of e-commerce website design and management with WordPress
- Explore Gutenberg product blocks to display products across various categories on your website
- Create your own WordPress plugins to customize your website s functionality
- Discover various ways to effectively handle product payment, taxes, and shipping
- Use analytics and product data syncing in WordPress to monitor the performance of your online store
- Promote your new product online using SEO management and landing pages