English | 2016 | ISBN: 1786463456 | 506 Pages | EPUB. AZW3. PDF (conv) | 500 MB
Master everything you need to build a 2D game using Unity 5 by developing a complete RPG game framework!
The Unity engine has revolutionized the gaming industry, by making it easier than ever for indie game developers to create quality games on a budget. Hobbyists and students can use this powerful engine to build 2D and 3D games, to play, distribute, and even sell for free!
This book will help you master the 2D features available in Unity 5, by walking you through the development of a 2D RPG framework. With fully explained and detailed C# scripts, this book will show you how to create and program animations, a NPC conversation system, an inventory system, random RPG map battles, and full game menus. After your core game is complete, you'll learn how to add finishing touches like sound and music, monetization strategies, and splash screens. You’ll then be guided through the process of publishing and sharing your game on multiple platforms. After completing this book, you will have the necessary knowledge to develop, build, and deploy 2D games of any genre!
What You Will Learn
- Create a 2D game in Unity 5 by developing a complete retro 2D RPG framework.
- Effectively manipulate and utilize 2D sprites.
- Create 2D sprite animations and trigger them effectively with code.
- Write beginning to advanced-level C# code using MonoDevelop.
- Implement the new UI system effectively and beautifully.
- Use state machines to trigger events within your game.