English | 2017 | ISBN: 1788477802 | 392 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 19 MB
Mastering Swift 4 – Fourth Edition: An in-depth and comprehensive guide on modern programming techniques with Swift
Dive into the latest release of the Swift programming language with this advanced development book for building highly performant applications.
Swift is the definitive language for Apple development today. It’s a vital part of any iOS and macOS developer’s skillset, helping them to build the most impressive and popular apps on the App Store—the sort of apps that are essential to iPhone and iPad users every day. With version 4.0, the Swift team has added new features to improve the development experience, making it easier to get the results you want and customers expect.
Inside, you’ll find the key features of Swift 4.0 and quickly learn how to use the newest updates to your development advantage. From Objective-C interoperability and ARC to closures and concurrency, this advanced Swift guide will develop your expertise and help you become fluent in this vital programming language.
We’ll give you an in-depth knowledge of some of the most sophisticated elements of Swift development, including protocol extensions, error-handling, design patterns, and concurrency. We’ll guide you on how to use and apply them in your own projects. You’ll see how to leverage the power of protocol-oriented programming to write flexible and easier-to-manage code.
What You Will Learn
- Delve into the core components of Swift 4.0, including operators, collections, control flows, and functions
- Create and use classes, structures, and enumerations
- Understand protocol-oriented design and see how it can help you write better code
- Develop a practical understanding of subscripts and extensions
- Add concurrency to your applications using Grand Central Dispatch and Operation Queues
- Implement generics and closures to write very flexible and reusable code
- Make use of Swift’s error handling and availability features to write safer code