English | 2019 | ISBN: 978-1787288942 | 548 Pages | EPUB | 11 MB
Take your SAP ABAP skills to the next level by mastering ABAP programming techniques with the help of real-world examples
Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP) is an established and complex programming language in the IT industry. This book is designed to help you use the latest ABAP techniques and apply legacy constructions using practical examples.
You’ll start with a quick refresher on language and database concepts, followed by agile techniques for adding custom code to a modern ABAP system. After this, you will get up to speed with the complete ABAP toolset for importing data to and from different environments. Next, you’ll learn how to print forms and work with the different ABAP tools for Extensible Markup Language (XML) manipulation. While covering further chapters, you’ll gain insights into building stunning UI5 interfaces, in addition to learning how to develop simple apps using the Business Object Processing Framework (BOPF). You will also pick up the technique of handling exceptions and performing testing in ABAP. In the concluding chapters, you can look forward to grasping various techniques for optimizing the performance of programs using a variety of performance analysis tools.
By the end of this book, you will have the expertise you need to confidently build maintainable programs in Systems, Applications, and Products (SAP).
What you will learn
- Create stable and error-free ABAP programs
- Leverage new ABAP concepts including object-oriented programming(OOP) and Model-View-Controller (MVC)
- Learn to add custom code to your existing SAP program
- Speed up your ABAP programs by spotting bottlenecks
- Understand techniques such as performance tuning and optimization
- Develop modern and beautiful user interfaces (UIs) in an ABAP environment
- Build multiple classes with any nesting level