English | 2019 | ISBN: 1789346572 | 554 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 22 MB
Become proficient in designing, developing and deploying effective software systems using the advanced constructs of Rust
Rust is an empowering language that provides a rare combination of safety, speed, and zero-cost abstractions. Mastering Rust – Second Edition is filled with clear and simple explanations of the language features along with real-world examples, showing you how you can build robust, scalable, and reliable programs.
This second edition of the book improves upon the previous one and touches on all aspects that make Rust a great language. We have included the features from latest Rust 2018 edition such as the new module system, the smarter compiler, helpful error messages, and the stable procedural macros. You’ll learn how Rust can be used for systems programming, network programming, and even on the web. You’ll also learn techniques such as writing memory-safe code, building idiomatic Rust libraries, writing efficient asynchronous networking code, and advanced macros. The book contains a mix of theory and hands-on tasks so you acquire the skills as well as the knowledge, and it also provides exercises to hammer the concepts in.
After reading this book, you will be able to implement Rust for your enterprise projects, write better tests and documentation, design for performance, and write idiomatic Rust code.
What you will learn
- Write generic and type-safe code by using Rust’s powerful type system
- How memory safety works without garbage collection
- Know the different strategies in error handling and when to use them
- Learn how to use concurrency primitives such as threads and channels
- Use advanced macros to reduce boilerplate code
- Create efficient web applications with the Actix-web framework
- Use Diesel for type-safe database interactions in your web application