English | 2020 | ISBN: 1789955101 | 337 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 61 MB
Get up to speed with QuickBooks Online 2020 for financial management and bookkeeping
Intuit QuickBooks is an accounting software package that helps small business owners manage all their bookkeeping tasks. Its complete range of accounting capabilities, such as tracking income and expenses, managing payroll, simplifying taxes, and accepting online payments, makes QuickBooks software a must-have for business owners and aspiring bookkeepers.
This book is a handy guide to using QuickBooks Online to manage accounting tasks and drawing business insights by generating reports easily. Using a fictitious company, the book demonstrates how to create a QuickBooks Online account; customize key settings for a business; manage customers, vendors, and products and services; generate reports; and close the books at the end of the period. QuickBooks records your debits and credits, so you don’t need to learn accounting; however, you’ll find out what happens under the hood and understand how your financial statements are impacted by what you do in QuickBooks. You’ll also discover tips, shortcuts, and best practices that will help you save time and become a QuickBooks pro.
By the end of this book, you’ll have become well-versed with the features of QuickBooks and be able to set up your business and manage all bookkeeping tasks easily.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with bookkeeping concepts and the typical bookkeeping and accounting cycle
- Set up QuickBooks for both product-based and service-based businesses
- Track everything from billable and non-billable time and expenses to profit
- Generate key financial reports for accounts, customers, jobs, and invoice items
- Understand the complete payroll process and track payments made to 1099 contractors
- Manage various bank and credit accounts linked to your business