English | 2018 | ISBN: 1789533576 | 280 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 171 MB
Work on practical computer vision projects covering advanced object detector techniques and modern deep learning and machine learning algorithms
Mastering OpenCV, now in its third edition, targets computer vision engineers taking their first steps toward mastering OpenCV. Keeping the mathematical formulations to a solid but bare minimum, the book delivers complete projects from ideation to running code, targeting current hot topics in computer vision such as face recognition, landmark detection and pose estimation, and number recognition with deep convolutional networks.
You’ll learn from experienced OpenCV experts how to implement computer vision products and projects both in academia and industry in a comfortable package. You’ll get acquainted with API functionality and gain insights into design choices in a complete computer vision project. You’ll also go beyond the basics of computer vision to implement solutions for complex image processing projects.
By the end of the book, you will have created various working prototypes with the help of projects in the book and be well versed with the new features of OpenCV4.
What you will learn
- Build real-world computer vision problems with working OpenCV code samples
- Uncover best practices in engineering and maintaining OpenCV projects
- Explore algorithmic design approaches for complex computer vision tasks
- Work with OpenCV’s most updated API (v4.0.0) through projects
- Understand 3D scene reconstruction and Structure from Motion (SfM)
- Study camera calibration and overlay AR using the ArUco Module