English | 2016 | ISBN: 1782173311 | 320 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 10 MB
An in-depth guide to confi guring NGINX for your everyday server needs
NGINX is a high-performance HTTP server and mail proxy designed to use very few system resources. But despite its power it is often a challenge to properly configure NGINX to meet your expectations. Mastering Nginx is the solution – an insider's guide that will clarify the murky waters of NGINX's configuration. Tune NGINX for various situations, improve your NGINX experience with some of the more obscure configuration directives, and discover how to design and personalize a configuration to match your needs.
To begin with, quickly brush up on installing and setting up the NGINX server on the OS and its integration with third-party modules. From here, move on to explain NGINX's mail proxy module and its authentication, and reverse proxy to solve scaling issues. Then see how to integrate NGINX with your applications to perform tasks.
The latter part of the book focuses on working through techniques to solve common web issues and the know-hows using NGINX modules. Finally, we will also explore different configurations that will help you troubleshoot NGINX server and assist with performance tuning.
What you will learn
- Compile the right third-party module to meet your needs
- Write an authentication server to use with the mail proxy module
- Create your own SSL certificates to encrypt connections
- Use try_files to solve your file-existence check problems
- Cache and compress responses to get speedier user interaction
- Integrate popular PHP frameworks with the FastCGI module
- Construct useful logging configurations