English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788624718 | 395 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
Mastering Firebase for Android Development: Build real-time, scalable, and cloud-enabled Android apps with Firebase
Develop a fully functional dynamic Android application using the latest features of Firebase
Firebase offers a wide spectrum of tools and services to help you develop high-quality apps in a short period of time. It also allows you to build web and mobile apps quickly without managing the infrastructure.Mastering Firebase for Android Development takes you through the complete toolchain of Firebase,including the latest tools announced in Google IO 2018 such as Firebase ML-Kit, FireStore, and Firebase Predictions.
The book begins by teaching you to configure your development environment with Firebase and set up a different structure for a Firebase real-time database. As you make your way through the chapters, you’ll establish the authentication feature in Android and explore email and phone authentication for managing the on-boarding of users. You’ll be taken through topics on Firebase crash reporting, Firebase functions, Firebase Cloud, Firebase Hosting, and Cloud Messaging for push notifications and explore other key areas in depth. In the concluding chapters, you will learn to use Firebase Test Lab to test your application before using Firebase Performance Monitoring to trace performance setbacks.
By the end of the book, you will be well equipped with the Firebase ecosystem, which will help you find solutions to your common application development challenges.
What You Will Learn
- Learn about Firebase push notifications and write backend functionalities
- Identify the root cause of an application crash and diagnose and fix bugs
- Store different Multipurpose Internet MailExtension(MIME) type files
- Explore web hosting and connect the Firebase functions to the host website
- Send push notifications and understand the deep integration of analytics tools and cohorts
- Market and monetize your application using Firebase Adwords and Admob
- Build a secure authentication framework while enhancing the sign-in and on-boarding experience for end users