English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-1492055952 | 192 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
Many companies move workloads to the cloud only to encounter issues with legacy processes and organizational structures. How do you design new operating models for this environment? This practical book shows IT managers, CIOs, and CTOs how to address the hardest part of any cloud transformation: the people and the processes.
Author Mike Kavis (Architecting the Cloud) explores lessons learned from enterprises in the midst of cloud transformations. Youâ??ll learn how to rethink your approach from a technology, process, and organizational standpoint to realize the promise of cost optimization, agility, and innovation that public cloud platforms provide.
- Learn the difference between working in a data center and operating in the cloud
- Explore patterns and anti-patterns for organizing cloud operating models
- Get best practices for making the organizational change required for a move to the cloud
- Understand why site reliability engineering is essential for cloud operations
- Improve organizational performance through value stream mapping