English | 2018 | ISBN: 9781788837385 | 308 Pages | EPUB, MOBI, AZW3 | 23 MB
Mastering Apache Solr 7.x: An expert guide to advancing, optimizing, and scaling your enterprise search
Accelerate your enterprise search engine and bring relevancy in your search analytics
Apache Solr is the only standalone enterprise search server with a REST-like application interface. providing highly scalable, distributed search and index replication for many of the world’s largest internet sites.
To begin with, you would be introduced to how you perform full text search, multiple filter search, perform dynamic clustering and so on helping you to brush up the basics of Apache Solr. You will also explore the new features and advanced options released in Apache Solr 7.x which will get you numerous performance aspects and making data investigation simpler, easier and powerful. You will learn to build complex queries, extensive filters and how are they compiled in your system to bring relevance in your search tools. You will learn to carry out Solr scoring, elements affecting the document score and how you can optimize or tune the score for the application at hand. You will learn to extract features of documents, writing complex queries in re-ranking the documents. You will also learn advanced options helping you to know what content is indexed and how the extracted content is indexed. Throughout the book, you would go through complex problems with solutions along with varied approaches to tackle your business needs.
By the end of this book, you will gain advanced proficiency to build out-of-box smart search solutions for your enterprise demands.
What You Will Learn
- Design schema using schema API to access data in the database
- Advance querying and fine-tuning techniques for better performance
- Get to grips with indexing using Client API
- Set up a fault tolerant and highly available server with newer distributed capabilities, SolrCloud
- Explore Apache Tika to upload data with Solr Cell
- Understand different data operations that can be done while indexing
- Master advanced querying through Velocity Search UI, faceting and Query Re-ranking, pagination and spatial search