English | 2016 | ISBN: 1785883804 | 368 Pages | EPUB, MOBI, PDF (conv) | 21 MB
Over 110 practical videos on real-world shell problems, guaranteed to make you wonder how you ever lived without them
The shell remains one of the most powerful tools on a computer system yet a large number of users are unaware of how much can be accomplished with it. Using a combination of simple commands, you will see how to solve complex problems in day-to-day computer usage.
This video will take you through useful real-world examples to make your daily life easy when working with the shell. It shows you how to effectively use the shell to accomplish complex tasks with ease. Starting with the basics of the shell, you will learn simple commands and their usages, allowing you to perform operations on different kinds of files. We then explain text processing and web interaction, and conclude with backups, monitoring, and other sysadmin tasks.
This is an an excellent guide on solving day-to-day problems using the shell and a few powerful commands together to create solutions.
What You Will Learn
- Explore a variety of regular usage tasks and how they can be made faster using shell commands
- Write shell scripts that can dig data from the web and process it with a few lines of code
- Interact with a simple web API from scripts
- Perform and automate tasks such as automating backups and restoring with archiving tools
- Create and maintain file/folder archives, compression formats, and encrypting techniques with shell
- Monitor different activities on the network using logging techniques