English | 2016 | ISBN: 1537648941 | 72 Pages | EPUB, MOBI | 10 MB
One of the biggest challenges for people interested in learning the ins and outs of Linux is simply a lack of time. When you are working with a limited and extremely valuable resource you want to make sure you make the most of it.
The next biggest challenge for Linux newcomers is knowing where to start. There is so much information available that deciding what to focus your attention on first is a big enough hurdle to keep many people from even starting. What’s worse is starting down the path of learning only to discover too many concepts, commands, and nuances that aren’t explained. This kind of experience is frustrating and leaves you with more questions than answers.
Not only have I condensed the most important material into five sections, each designed to be consumed in a day, I’ve also structured the content in a logical and systematic manner. This way you’ll be sure to make the most out of your time by learning the foundational aspects of Linux first and then building upon that foundation each day.
Here Is A Preview Of What Inside The Book:
- How to get access to a Linux server if you don’t already.
- What a Linux distribution is and which one to choose.
- What software is needed to connect to Linux from Mac and Windows computers. Screenshots included.
- What SSH is and how to use it, including creating and using SSH keys.
- The file system layout of Linux systems and where to find programs, configurations, and documentation.
- The basic Linux commands you’ll use most often.
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting directories.
- Listing, reading, creating, editing, copying, and deleting files.