English | 2020 | ISBN: 1800200364 | 720 Pages | EPUB, MOBI | 152 MB
Gain a solid foundation to learn Tableau, and develop the skills and abilities required for an advanced mastery of the tool. Whether you’re new to Tableau or have been using it years, you will benefit from this book.
Learning Tableau strengthens your command on Tableau fundamentals and builds on advanced topics.
The book starts by taking you through foundational principles of Tableau. We then demonstrate various types of connections and how to work with metadata. We teach you to use a wide variety of visualizations to analyze and communicate the data, and introduce you to calculations and parameters. We then take an in-depth look at level of detail (LOD) expressions and use them to solve complex data challenges. Up next, we show table calculations, how to extend and alter default visualizations, build an interactive dashboard, and master the art of telling stories with data.
This Tableau book will introduce you to visual statistical analytics capabilities, create different types of visualizations and dynamic dashboards for rich user experiences. We then move on to maps and geospatial visualization, and the new Data Model capabilities introduced in Tableau 2020.2. You will further use Tableau Prep’s ability to clean and structure data and share the stories contained in your data.
By the end of this book, you will be proficient in implementing the powerful features of Tableau 2020 for decision-making.
What you will learn
- Develop stunning visualizations to explain complex data with clarity
- Explore exciting new Data Model capabilities
- Connect to various data sources to bring all your data together
- Leverage Tableau Prep Builder’s amazing capabilities for data cleaning and structuring
- Create and use calculations to solve problems and enrich the analytics
- Master advanced topics such as sets, LOD calculations, and much more
- Enable smart decisions with data clustering, distribution, and forecasting
- Share your data stories to build a culture of trust and action