English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788623315 | 280 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 28 MB
Learning Robotics using Python – Second Edition: Design, simulate and Program an interactive robot
Design, simulate, and program interactive robots
Robot Operating System (ROS) is one of the most popular robotics software frameworks in research and industry. It has various features for implementing different capabilities in a robot without implementing them from scratch.
This book starts by showing you the fundamentals of ROS so you understand the basics of differential robots. Then, you’ll learn about robot modeling and how to design and simulate it using ROS. Moving on, we’ll design robot hardware and interfacing actuators. Then, you’ll learn to configure and program depth sensors and LIDARs using ROS. Finally, you’ll create a GUI for your robot using the Qt framework.
By the end of this tutorial, you’ll have a clear idea of how to integrate and assemble everything into a robot and how to bundle the software package.
What You Will Learn
- Design a differential robot from scratch
- Model a differential robot using ROS and URDF
- Simulate a differential robot using ROS and Gazebo
- Design robot hardware electronics
- Interface robot actuators with embedded boards
- Explore the interfacing of different 3D depth cameras in ROS
- Implement autonomous navigation in ChefBot
- Create a GUI for robot control