English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-1838988722 | 504 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 207 MB
Explore detailed explanations and examples to get up and running with the five phases of the project management lifecycle and integrate project management principles in a variety of projects
Microsoft Project is one of the most popular project management tools for enterprises of all sizes thanks to its wide variety of features such as project scheduling, project budgeting, built-in templates, and reporting tools. Learning Microsoft Project 2019 will get you started with the basics and gradually guide you through the complete project life cycle.
Starting with an overview of Microsoft Project 2019 and a brief introduction to project management concepts, this book will take you through the different phases of project management – initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure. You will then learn how to identify and handle problems related to scheduling, costing, resourcing, and work allocation. Understand how to use dynamic reports to create powerful, automated reports and dashboards at the click of a button. This Microsoft Project book highlights the pitfalls of overallocation and demonstrates how to avoid and resolve these issues using a wide spectrum of tools, techniques, and best practices. Finally, you will focus on executing Agile projects efficiently and get to grips with using Kanban and Scrum features.
By the end of this book, you will be well-versed with Microsoft Project and have the skills you need to use it effectively in every stage of project management.
What you will learn
- Create efficient project plans using Microsoft Project 2019
- Get to grips with resolving complex issues related to time, budget, and resource allocation
- Understand how to create automated dynamic reports
- Identify and protect the critical path in your project and mitigate project risks
- Become well-versed with executing Agile projects using MS Project
- Understand how to create custom reports and make them available for future projects