English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787128453 | 404 Pages | PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 10 MB
Store, search, and analyze your data with ease using Elasticsearch 5.x
Elasticsearch is a modern, fast, distributed, scalable, fault tolerant, and open source search and analytics engine. You can use Elasticsearch for small or large applications with billions of documents. It is built to scale horizontally and can handle both structured and unstructured data. Packed with easy-to- follow examples, this book will ensure you will have a firm understanding of the basics of Elasticsearch and know how to utilize its capabilities efficiently.
You will install and set up Elasticsearch and Kibana, and handle documents using the Distributed Document Store. You will see how to query, search, and index your data, and perform aggregation-based analytics with ease. You will see how to use Kibana to explore and visualize your data.
Further on, you will learn to handle document relationships, work with geospatial data, and much more, with this easy-to-follow guide. Finally, you will see how you can set up and scale your Elasticsearch clusters in production environments.
What You Will Learn
- See how to set up and configure Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Know how to ingest structured and unstructured data using Elasticsearch
- Understand how a search engine works and the concepts of relevance and scoring
- Find out how to query Elasticsearch with a high degree of performance and scalability
- Improve the user experience by using autocomplete, geolocation queries, and much more
- See how to slice and dice your data using Elasticsearch aggregations.
- Grasp how to use Kibana to explore and visualize your data
- Know how to host on Elastic Cloud and how to use the latest X-Pack features such as Graph and Alerting