English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787127913 | 340 Pages | EPUB, AZW3, PDF (conv) | 10 MB
Implement and manage your software-defined, massively scalable storage system
Learning Ceph, Second Edition will give you all the skills you need to plan, deploy, and effectively manage your Ceph cluster. You will begin with the first module, where you will be introduced to Ceph use cases, its architecture, and core projects. In the next module, you will learn to set up a test cluster, using Ceph clusters and hardware selection. After you have learned to use Ceph clusters, the next module will teach you how to monitor cluster health, improve performance, and troubleshoot any issues that arise. In the last module, you will learn to integrate Ceph with other tools such as OpenStack, Glance, Manila, Swift, and Cinder.
By the end of the book you will have learned to use Ceph effectively for your data storage requirements.
What You Will Learn
- The limitations of existing systems and why you should use Ceph as a storage solution
- Familiarity with Ceph's architecture, components, and services
- Instant deployment and testing of Ceph within a Vagrant and VirtualBox environment
- Ceph operations including maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Storage provisioning of Ceph's block, object, and filesystem services
- Integrate Ceph with OpenStack
- Advanced topics including erasure coding, CRUSH maps, and performance tuning
- Best practices for your Ceph clusters