English | 2016 | 104 Pages | PDF | 10 MB
Learn web development with Ruby on Rails.
This book is for you
If you want to learn Ruby on Rails
If you are a beginner looking to build applications
If you are confused and need an easy introduction
A beginners guide to getting started with Ruby on Rails and web development, learn by building multiple applications.
The guide covers setting up a cloud environment and basic command line commands. Learn by progressing through multiple tutorials that introduce a few new things each time. You won’t get overwhelmed progressing through the guide, starting with a static web application and progressing to a web app that incorporates the basic Create Read Update Delete (crud) operations.
The examples use small chunks of code that help you to understand what is going on, when learning something new it really does help to break things down, and this is the aim of the book to help break confusing code into smaller parts that are easier to understand.
You don’t need previous web development experience, the aim of this book is a soft introduction to developing web apps with rails, If you have some HTML and CSS experience even better.
This book won’t teach you everything, however it will get you started on the right track.
The book will:
- Help you set up your cloud environment.
- Break down rails commands so that you understand what is being generated.
- Teach you about models, views, and controllers by building multiple apps.
- Show you how to install and configure gems.
- Show you how to connect to an API.
- Learn about databases and tables.
- What are you waiting for?