English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-1839215421 | 316 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 69 MB
Get to grips with Apple’s new SwiftUI framework for creating robust UIs for iOS and iPadOS using Swift programming
SwiftUI is the new and powerful interface toolkit that lets you design and build iOS, iPadOS, and macOS apps using declarative syntax. It is a powerful way to develop the UI elements of applications, which would normally be tightly coupled to application logic.
Learn SwiftUI will get you up to speed with the framework and cross-device UI development in no time. Complete with detailed explanations and practical examples, this easy-to-follow guide will teach you the fundamentals of the SwiftUI toolkit. You’ll learn how to build a powerful iOS and iPadOS application that can be reused for deployment on watchOS. As you progress, you’ll delve into UI and unit testing in iOS apps, along with learning how to test your SwiftUI code for multiple devices. The book will also show you how to integrate SwiftUI features such as data binding and network requests into your current application logic.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to build a cross-device application using the SwiftUI framework and Swift programming.
What you will learn
- Explore the fundamentals of SwiftUI and compare it with existing UI frameworks
- Write SwiftUI syntax and understand what should and shouldn’t be included in SwiftUI’s layer
- Add text and images to a SwiftUI view and decorate them using SwiftUI’s modifiers
- Create basic forms, and use camera and photo library functions to add images to them
- Understand the core concepts of Maps in iOS apps and add a MapView in SwiftUI
- Design extensions within your existing apps to run them on watchOS
- Handle networking calls in SwiftUI to retrieve data from external sources