English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-1838984762 | 564 Pages | PDF, EPUB | 80 MB
Learn everything you need to know to build efficient SQL queries using this easy-to-follow beginner’s guide
SQL is a powerful querying language that’s used to store, manipulate, and retrieve data, and it is one of the most popular languages used by developers to query and analyze data efficiently.
If you’re looking for a comprehensive introduction to SQL, Learn SQL Database Programming will help you to get up to speed with using SQL to streamline your work in no time. Starting with an overview of relational database management systems, this book will show you how to set up and use MySQL Workbench and design a database using practical examples. You’ll also discover how to query and manipulate data with SQL programming using MySQL Workbench. As you advance, you’ll create a database, query single and multiple tables, and modify data using SQL querying. This SQL book covers advanced SQL techniques, including aggregate functions, flow control statements, error handling, and subqueries, and helps you process your data to present your findings. Finally, you’ll implement best practices for writing SQL and designing indexes and tables.
By the end of this SQL programming book, you’ll have gained the confidence to use SQL queries to retrieve and manipulate data.
What you will learn
- Install, configure, and use MySQL Workbench to restore a database
- Explore different data types such as string, numeric, and date and time
- Query a single table using the basic SQL SELECT statement and the FROM, WHERE, and ORDER BY clauses
- Query multiple tables by understanding various types of table relationships
- Modify data in tables using the INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements
- Use aggregate functions to group and summarize data
- Detect bad data, duplicates, and irrelevant values while processing data