English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788836302 | 498 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 58 MB
A step-by-step guide in building high-performance scalable applications with the latest features of Scala.
The second version of Scala has undergone multiple changes to support features and library implementations. Scala 2.13, with its main focus on modularizing the standard library and simplifying collections, brings with it a host of updates.
Learn Scala Programming addresses both technical and architectural changes to the redesigned standard library and collections, along with covering in-depth type systems and first-level support for functions. You will discover how to leverage implicits as a primary mechanism for building type classes and look at different ways to test Scala code. You will also learn about abstract building blocks used in functional programming, giving you sufficient understanding to pick and use any existing functional programming library out there. In the concluding chapters, you will explore reactive programming by covering the Akka framework and reactive streams.
By the end of this book, you will have built microservices and learned to implement them with the Scala and Lagom framework.
What you will learn
- Acquaint yourself with the new standard library of Scala 2.13
- Get to grips with the Grok functional paradigms
- Get familiar with type system to express domain constraints
- Understand the actor model and different Akka libraries
- Grasp the concept of building microservices using Lagom framework
- Deep dive into property-based testing and its practical applications