English | 2018 | ISBN: 1789341225 | 310 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 265 MB
Explore OpenCV 4 to create visually appealing cross-platform computer vision applications
OpenCV is one of the best open source libraries available, and can help you focus on constructing complete projects on image processing, motion detection, and image segmentation. Whether you’re completely new to computer vision, or have a basic understanding of its concepts, Learn OpenCV 4 by Building Projects – Second edition will be your guide to understanding OpenCV concepts and algorithms through real-world examples and projects.
You’ll begin with the installation of OpenCV and the basics of image processing. Then, you’ll cover user interfaces and get deeper into image processing. As you progress through the book, you’ll learn complex computer vision algorithms and explore machine learning and face detection. The book then guides you in creating optical flow video analysis and background subtraction in complex scenes. In the concluding chapters, you’ll also learn about text segmentation and recognition and understand the basics of the new and improved deep learning module.
By the end of this book, you’ll be familiar with the basics of Open CV, such as matrix operations, filters, and histograms, and you’ll have mastered commonly used computer vision techniques to build OpenCV projects from scratch.
What you will learn
- Install OpenCV 4 on your operating system
- Create CMake scripts to compile your C++ application
- Understand basic image matrix formats and filters
- Explore segmentation and feature extraction techniques
- Remove backgrounds from static scenes to identify moving objects for surveillance
- Employ various techniques to track objects in a live video
- Work with new OpenCV functions for text detection and recognition with Tesseract
- Get acquainted with important deep learning tools for image classification