English | MP4 | AVC 1280×720 | AAC 48KHz 2ch | 7 Hours | 3.60 GB
Here’s how the course journey will go:
- First: the Basics. You’ll ramp on the console, syntax, objects, and other language fundamentals.
- Second: Functions. There are a few ways to create functions. So you’ll explore those differences, and important concepts like the `this` keyword.
- Third: Types – Digging Deeper. There are some big questions about types: what is type coercion? How are truthy and falsy different? What is null vs. undefined? In this section, you’ll cover those questions and more.
- Fifth: Objects – Deeper Concepts. This section will introduces more features that can clean up code around objects. The larger topic in this section is a series of videos on creating object clones.
- Sixth: Functions – Deeper Concepts. The theme of “Deeper concepts” continues. This time, it’s functions. In this section, you’ll dig into big terms like closures, function factories, and higher-order functions.
In addition to the interview-question based videos, there are resources like quizzes to help reinforce your learning.
What you’ll learn
- the differences between function declarations, expressions, and arrow functions.
- when the `this` keyword is relevant.
- intricacies of types – coercion, null vs. undefined, truthy, falsy, and more.
- why and how almost everything is an object.
- the differences between let, const, and var.
- a handful of ways to create object clones.
- closures, function factories, and higher-order functions.
- constructor functions
- prototypes and the prototype-based inheritance model.
- asynchronous code.
- and much more!
2 Course Repository
3 Preview | The Basics
4 The Console, Operators, and Variables
5 Booleans and Conditionals
6 Syntax – Semicolons and Comments
7 Undefined and Primitives
10 Loops and Iteration
11 Summary | The Basics
12 Preview | Functions
13 Functions – Declarations vs. Expressions
14 Arrow Functions
15 Methods and the `this` Keyword
16 More on `this` and Function Expressions vs. Arrow functions
17 Interview Question | The `this` Keyword
19 Interview Question | Callbacks
20 Summary | Functions
Types – Digging Deeper
21 Preview | Types – Digging Deeper
22 A Dynamic Language and Types
23 Almost Everything is an Object
24 Equality and Type Coercion
25 Truthy and Falsy
26 Null vs. Undefined
27 Explicit Type Conversion
29 Summary | Types – Digging Deeper
Syntax – the Intricacies
30 Preview | Syntax – the Intricacies
31 Let, Const, and Mutability
32 Let, Const, Var, and Scope
33 Var and Function Hoisting
34 Interview Question | Scope and Hoisting
35 Template Literals and Ternary Operators
36 Summary | Syntax – the Intricacies
Objects – Deeper Concepts
37 Preview | Objects – Deeper Concepts
38 The Property Shorthand and Destructuring Assignment
39 Object methods
40 Spread Syntax
41 Object.is, References, and Shallow Clone
42 A Note on Writing JSON
43 JSON.parse, JSON.stringify, and an Attempt at Deep Cloning
44 Custom and Lodash CloneDeep
45 Interview Question | Cloning an Object
46 Summary | Objects – Deeper Concepts
Functions – Deeper Concepts
47 Preview | Functions – Deeper Concepts
49 Function Factories
50 Higher Order Functions
51 Interview Question | Closures, Higher-Order Functions, and Callbacks
52 Summary | Functions – Deeper Concepts
Constructors and Prototypes
53 Preview | Constructors and Prototypes
54 Object-Oriented Programming
55 Constructor functions
57 Class Inheritance
58 Prototypes and the Prototype-Based Inheritance
59 Object Prototype, .__proto__, and the prototype chain
60 Interview Question | Prototype-Based Inheritance
61 Summary | Constructors and Prototypes
63 Asynchronous Code with SetTimeout
64 Fetch and Promise
65 Promise from Scratch
67 Await and Async
70 Congratulations and Next Steps
71 Bonus Lecture: A React.js and Redux Bootcamp