English | 2017 | ISBN: 1593278052 | 312 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 39 MB
Java is the world’s most popular programming language, but it’s known for having a steep learning curve. Learn Java the Easy Way takes the chore out of learning Java with hands-on projects that will get you building real, functioning apps right away.
You’ll start by familiarizing yourself with JShell, Java’s interactive command line shell that allows programmers to run single lines of code and get immediate feedback. Then, you’ll create a guessing game, a secret message encoder, and a multitouch bubble-drawing app for both desktop and mobile devices using Eclipse, an industry-standard IDE, and Android Studio, the development environment for making Android apps.
As you build these apps, you’ll learn how to:
- Perform calculations, manipulate text strings, and generate random colors
- Use conditions, loops, and methods to make your programs responsive and concise
- Create functions to reuse code and save time
- Build graphical user interface (GUI) elements, including buttons, menus, pop-ups, and sliders
- Take advantage of Eclipse and Android Studio features to debug your code and find, fix, and prevent common mistakes
If you’ve been thinking about learning Java, Learn Java the Easy Way will bring you up to speed in no time.