English | 2016 | ISBN: 978-1786462084 | 402 Pages | PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 62 MB
A recipe-based book to help you efficiently create amazing PHP-based applications with Laravel 5.x
Laravel is a prominent member of a new generation of web frameworks. It is one of the most popular PHP frameworks and is also free and an open source. Laravel 5 is a substantial upgrade with a lot of new toys, at the same time retaining the features that made Laravel wildly successful. It comes with plenty of architectural as well as design-based changes.
The book is a blend of numerous recipes that will give you all the necessary tips you need to build an application. It starts with basic installation and configuration tasks and will get you up-and-running in no time. You will learn to create and customize your PHP app and tweak and re-design your existing apps for better performance. You will learn to implement practical recipes to utilize Laravel’s modular structure, the latest method injection, route caching, and interfacing techniques to create responsive modern-day PHP apps that stand on their own against other apps. Efficient testing and deploying techniques will make you more confident with your Laravel skills as you move ahead with this book.
Towards the end of the book, you will understand a number of add-ons and new features essential to finalize your application to make it ready for subscriptions. You will be empowered to get your application out to the world.
What You Will Learn
- Optimize Your Gulp and Elixir Workflow
- Use Travis to run tests with every push
- Build and test your view-based route in PHPUnit
- Explore workflows for migrations and seeding
- Implement Angular in your Laravel applications
- Set up a user authentication system
- Integrate the new Billing library and Stripe in your Laravel application
- Use the Artisan command-line tool
- Test your App in Production with Behat