English | 2018 | ISBN: 1788472142 | 434 Pages | EPUB | 10 MB
Kotlin Programming Cookbook: Explore more than 100 recipes that show how to build robust mobile and web applications with Kotlin, Spring Boot, and Android
Discover android programming and web development by understanding the concepts of Kotlin Programming
The Android team has announced first-class support for Kotlin 1.1. This acts as an added boost to the language and more and more developers are now looking at Kotlin for their application development. This recipe-based book will be your guide to learning the Kotlin programming language.
The recipes in this book build from simple language concepts to more complex applications of the language. After the fundamentals of the language, you will learn how to apply the object-oriented programming features of Kotlin 1.1. Programming with Lambdas will show you how to use the functional power of Kotlin.
This book has recipes that will get you started with Android programming with Kotlin 1.1, providing quick solutions to common problems encountered during Android app development. You will also be taken through recipes that will teach you microservice and concurrent programming with Kotlin. Going forward, you will learn to test and secure your applications with Kotlin. Finally, this book supplies recipes that will help you migrate your Java code to Kotlin and will help ensure that it’s interoperable with Java.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the basics and object-oriented concepts of Kotlin Programming
- Explore the full potential of collection frameworks in Kotlin
- Work with SQLite databases in Android, make network calls, and fetch data over a network
- Use Kotlin’s Anko library for efficient and quick Android development
- Uncover some of the best features of Kotlin: Lambdas and Delegates
- Set up web service development environments, write servlets, and build RESTful services with Kotlin
- Learn how to write unit tests, integration tests, and instrumentation/acceptance tests.