English | 2018 | ISBN: 1942878506 | 458 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, CODE | 32 MB
Learn how to program with Kotlin!
This book is for complete beginners to Kotlin. No prior programming experience is necessary!
Topics Covered in Kotlin Apprentice
- Kotlin Development Environment: See how to setup a development environment for Kotlin using IntelliJ IDEA.
- Numbers and Strings: These are the basic kinds of data in any app-learn how to use them in Kotlin.
- Making Decisions: Your code doesn’t always run straight through-learn how to use conditions and loops to control program flow.
- Functions and Lambdas: Group your code together into reusable chunks to run and pass around.
- Collection Types: Discover the many ways Kotlin offers to store and organize data into collections.
- Building Your Own Types: Learn how to model elements in your app using classes, objects, interfaces, and enumerations.
- Exceptions: Make your code more robust and flexible by signaling and handling exception conditions.
- Functional Programming: Learn how to use Kotlin in a functional style and how this can make your code clearer and more efficient.
- Coroutines: Asynchronous programming can be a complex topic on any platform, but Kotlin gives you a clear and consise approach with coroutines.
- Kotlin Platforms and Scripting: Learn about how Kotlin can be used on multiple platforms and see its use as a scripting language.
One thing you can count on: after reading this book, you’ll be prepared to take advantage of Kotlin wherever you choose to use it!