English | 2020 | ISBN: 1789805543 | 145 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 44 MB
Get up and running with the basics of Jupyterlab and familiarize yourself with its web interface with the help of this quick start guide
Jupyterlab is a web-based data science interface and natural evolution of Jupyter notebooks. This guide will take you through the core commands and functionalities of JupyterLab.
The book starts with an overview of all the features of JupyterLab along with its installation. It explores the different aspects of JupyterLab and the problems it solves. You will see how to work with external files inside of the platform and understand how to use the code console and terminal. This will help you have more distinct control of the scripts you are working with.
It will teach you about using the available extensions and adding extensions to perform desired actions. You will learn all about widget operations within your document, different design patterns in JupyterLab, and the various methods for exchanging notebooks. As a bonus, the book covers hosting JupyterLab notebooks on GitHub.
By the end of the book, you will be well versed with all the components of JupyterLab and how to use it collaboratively within data science teams working on projects that involve numerous data scientists.
What you will learn
- Install JupyterLab and work with Jupyter notebooks
- Host JupyterLab notebooks on GitHub and access GitHub resources in your notebooks
- Explore different methods for exchanging notebooks and different ways for multiple users to access the same notebook
- Publish your notebooks with nbviewer and convert them into different formats
- Attach and operate widgets within your notebooks using a JupyterLab document
- Use Jupyterlab with teams collaboratively