English | 2016 | ISBN: 1785888687 | 246 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 10 MB
jQuery solves the problems of DOM manipulation, event detection, AJAX calls, element selection and document queries, element attribute and data management, as well as object management utilities. This book addresses these problems and shows you how to make the best of jQuery through the various design patterns available.
The book starts off with a refresher to jQuery and will then take you through the different design patterns such as facade, observer, publisher/subscriber, and so on. We will also go into client-side templating techniques and libraries, as well as some plugin development patterns. Finally, we will look into some best practices that you can use to make the best of jQuery.
What you will learn
- Respond to user actions
- Achieve greater flexibility and code decoupling
- Have a central point for emitting and receiving application level events
- Structure the application into small independent modules
- Abstract complex APIs
- Isolate the procedure of generating complex parts of the application
- Efficiently orchestrate asynchronous procedures using jQuery Deferred and Promises
- Utilize the most widely-used client-side templating libraries for more complex use cases