English | 2019 | ISBN: 1838649968 | 952 Pages | True PDF, EPUB | 36 MB
Cut through the noise and get real results in this hands-on, step-by-step approach to learning Java
You already know you want to learn Java, but which approach works best for you? Whether you want to build web applications, enterprise software, or work on your own side projects The Java Workshop is heavily geared towards getting you build-ready for the real world. A step-by-step approach to learning helps you develop and reinforce key skills in a way that feels engaging and rewarding, without dragging you down into long-running lectures on dry, underlying theory. We use real examples that lead to real results.
As you progress through The Java Workshop, you’ll find key concepts broken down into convenient, individual sections. Designed to accommodate short reading sessions as well as intense, laser-focused study, you’ll find that the included step-by-step exercises and open-ended activities help you embed and reinforce what you’ve learned in a hands-on, practical context. With every chapter carefully designed to let you learn at your own pace, you get to decide how quickly you progress and how you fit learning within your schedule.
With its explicit focus on demonstrating how you can be successful with Java, The Java Workshop is ideal for those who want to get their hands dirty and learn by doing. Pick one up today, and we’ll help you get the job done.
- Get to grips with the fundamental concepts of the Java language
- Write clean and well-commented code that’s easy to maintain
- Build a Java project with JAR files and learn about tools like Maven and Gradle
- Debug and compile logical errors and handle exceptions in your programs
- Learn how to use third-party libraries and software development kits (SDKs)
- Use Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) to work with information stored in databases
- Understand how you can keep data secure with cryptography and encryption
- Learn how to keep your development process bug-free with unit testing