English | 2017 | ISBN: 1484225912 | 520 Pages | True PDF | 10 MB
Preview the new Java 9 modules, SDK, JDK, JVM and more in this comprehensive early adopter title. This book covers what’s new in Java 9 and how to use these new features. Java 9 Revealed is for experienced Java programmers looking to make the migration from Java 7 or Java 8 to Java 9.
Author Kishori Sharan begins by covering how to develop Java applications using new the module system introduced in Java 9 and how to use the JShell tool in Java 9 for quick prototyping. There is extensive coverage of new Java 9 features, such as the new layout of the modular JDK/JRE runtime image, new convenience factory methods for creating collections, the new spin-wait hints introduced to improve performance of spin loops in your code, and the new Desktop API for implementing platform-specific desktop features. Along the way you will also learn how to use the Reactive Streams API in Java 9 and, most importantly, this book will show you the breaking changes in Java 9.
What You'll Learn
- Discover what is new in the Process API
- Inspect a thread’s stack with the Stack-Walking API
- Use the jlink tool to create a custom runtime image
- Work with HTML5 Javadoc and use the new search feature in Javadoc
- Learn how to use new methods and collectors in the Streams API
- Learn how to create a custom logger to log messages from platform classes and how to use JVM logs
- Learn about new methods in the Optional class and how to use them
- Learn how to compare arrays and slices of arrays
- Learn how to use the enhanced try-with-resources blocks
- Make your object deserialization more secure by using object deserialization filters
Who This Book Is For
Experienced Java programmers and developers.