English | 2017 | ISBN: 1785889349 | 340 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 10 MB
Gain a deep understanding of the complexity of data structures and algorithms and discover the right way to write more efficient code
Java 9 Data Structures and Algorithms covers classical, functional, and reactive data structures, giving you the ability to understand computational complexity, solve problems, and write efficient code. This book is based on the Zero Bug Bounce milestone of Java 9.
We start off with the basics of algorithms and data structures, helping you understand the fundamentals and measure complexity. From here, we introduce you to concepts such as arrays, linked lists, as well as abstract data types such as stacks and queues. Next, we’ll take you through the basics of functional programming while making sure you get used to thinking recursively.
We provide plenty of examples along the way to help you understand each concept. You will get the also get a clear picture of reactive programming, binary searches, sorting, search trees, undirected graphs, and a whole lot more!
What You Will Learn
- Understand the fundamentals of algorithms, data structures, and measurement of complexity
- Find out what general purpose data structures are, including arrays, linked lists, double ended linked lists, and circular lists
- Get a grasp on the basics of abstract data types—stack, queue, and double ended queue
- See how to use recursive functions and immutability while understanding and in terms of recursion
- Handle reactive programming and its related data structures
- Use binary search, sorting, and efficient sorting—quicksort and merge sort
- Work with the important concept of trees and list all nodes of the tree, traversal of tree, search trees, and balanced search trees
- Apply advanced general purpose data structures, priority queue-based sorting, and random access immutable linked lists
- Gain a better understanding of the concept of graphs, directed and undirected graphs, undirected trees, and much more