English | 2017 | ISBN: 1786461407 | 624 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, AZW3 | 28 MB
A definitive guide to learning the key concepts of modern application development in Java
Java is an object-oriented programming language. It is one of the most widely accepted languages because of its design and programming features, particularly in its promise that you can write a program once and run it anywhere.
This cookbook offers a range of software development examples in simple and straightforward Java 9 code, providing step-by-step resources and time-saving methods to help you solve data problems efficiently. Starting with the installation of Java, each recipe addresses a specific problem, with a discussion that explains the solution and offers insight into how it works.
We cover major concepts such as Project Jigsaw and various tools that will enable you to modularize your applications. You will learn new features in the form of recipes that will make your applications modular, secure, and fast.
What You Will Learn
- Set up JDK and know the differences in the JDK 9 installation
- Implement OO Designs using Classes and Interfaces
- Manage operating system processes
- Understand the new modular JDK and modular programming
- Create a modular application with clear dependencies
- Build graphical user interfaces using JavaFX
- Use the new HTTP Client API
- Learn about the new diagnostic features in Java 9
- See how to use the new jShell REPL tool