English | 2020 | ISBN: 978-1800209749 | 766 Pages | PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 324 MB
Learn iOS app development and work with the latest Apple development tools
If you’re a beginner looking to work and experiment with powerful iOS 14 features such as widgets and App Clips to create your own apps, this iOS programming guide is for you. The book offers a comprehensive introduction for experienced programmers who are new to iOS, taking you through the entire process of learning the Swift language, writing your own apps, and publishing them on the App Store.
Fully updated to cover the new iOS 14 features, along with Xcode 12 and Swift 5.3, this fifth edition of iOS 14 Programming for Beginners starts with an introduction to the Swift programming language and shows you how to accomplish common programming tasks with it. You’ll then start building the user interface (UI) of a complete real-world app using the storyboards feature in the latest version of Xcode and implement the code for views, view controllers, data managers, and other aspects of mobile apps. The book will also help you apply iOS 14 features to existing apps and introduce you to SwiftUI, a new way to build apps for all Apple devices. Finally, you’ll set up testers for your app and understand what you need to do to publish your app on the App Store.
By the end of this book, you’ll not only be well versed in writing and publishing applications, but you’ll also be able to apply your iOS development skills to enhance existing apps.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of Xcode 12 and Swift 5.3, the building blocks of iOS development
- Understand how to prototype an app using storyboards
- Discover the Model-View-Controller design pattern and how to implement the desired functionality within an app
- Implement the latest iOS features, such as widgets and App Clips
- Convert an existing iPad app into an Apple Silicon Mac app
- Design, deploy, and test your iOS applications with design patterns and best practices