English | 2016 | ISBN: 1942878315 | 324 Pages | True PDF +code | 33 MB
Learn the New iOS 10 APIs!
iOS 10 introduces lots of great APIs and other changes, from exciting developments in Message Apps, to the long-awaited SiriKit, to improvements in Memory Debugging. There’s also new Source Editor extensions, additional Measurement and Unit types, and Photography updates for taking and editing Live Photos. Reading and understanding all the official Apple documentation on these changes can be time-consuming — and confusing.
This is where iOS 10 by Tutorials comes to the rescue! In this book, you’ll learn the new iOS 10 APIs the quick and easy way: by following fun and easy-to-read tutorials.
Who This Book Is For
This book is for intermediate iOS developers who already know the basics of iOS and Swift development but want to learn the new APIs introduced in iOS 10.
Topics Covered in iOS 10 by Tutorials
- Swift 3: Learn about the new, cleaner, Swift 3 syntax, how The Grand Renaming affects your projects, and much more.
- Debugging Improvements: Dive into debugging with new tools to analyze memory issues as well as threading problems and race conditions.
- Source Editor Extensions: Extend the usefulness of Xcode’s editor through custom extensions.
- Fun with Messaging: Create your own custom sticker packs and multiplayer games to use in Messages.
- Interact with Siri: Leverage SiriKit and the new Speech Recognition API to enable voice interactions in your apps.
- Core Data Updates: Learn how Core Data improvements make your code just a little easier to write.
- Photography Updates: Discover how to take Live Photos right from your app and apply creative filters.
- Search Integration Use Location data, Spotlight search continuation and location-based suggestions in your apps.
- And much more, including cell prefetching, 3D Touch, and haptic feedback!
One thing you can count on: after reading this book, you’ll be prepared to take advantage of all the improvements iOS 10 has to offer!